Wednesday, January 17, 2007

MAMA GONE!

WELL, MAMI LEFT for Puerto Rico on January 9th – at the crack of dawn I might add! But it’s all good. I am missing her already, but I’m kind of glad to get back to my routine (throwing my clothes wherever without her telling me to pick them up, coming and going as I please, eating what I want without feeling guilty, etc.). I AM thankful for all that she did while she was here and even though I thanked her, I’m going to write and let her know. I’ll see her again in July when I go for my niece’s wedding.

MY GRANMA’S GONE too; she was happy to leave. She was wrapped up in the van like it was 30 below, but you know, she’s got that Puerto Rico blood. I know she’s going to be glad when she finally gets to her house in Ponce.

I FINALLY GOT my grant money from the National Association of Latino Arts and Culture—WHOO-HOO! I have to make it last ‘til November and spend it only on book-related stuff (that's going to be hard). Ask me if I’ve been editing or researching NEGRITA MEANS LOVE. Of course not.

THE SPRING SEMESTER started two weeks ago; we’ve already had a holiday (MLK Day). I’m slowly working on my research paper, doing the data analysis. I had seven participants and I haven’t done any interviews yet. I did start editing my next publishing venture: HUMBOLDT PARK DAYS. I have to get my butt is gear ‘cause the semester’s going to get busy quick. I don’t want to get into that pattern where I have so many things to do, I don’t know where to begin. My THINGS TO DO list is so full… I have to keep telling myself, focus, caramba, focus…

1 Comments:

At January 21, 2007 10:09 AM, Blogger Cherlyn Michaels said...

Hey Lady! I know the pressure you're feeling. Believe me! Pace yourself, take time to breathe, and just work through that to do list. You'll get through it. Best to you this semester.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home